Tuesday, June 22, 2010

abundant palette
upon looking at anthropologie's website the other day, I stumbled across this stunning skirt. my closest pretty much consists of prints and patterned shirts and dresses with jumbled, vivid colors. in this case though, it's not the skirt alone that I love. anthropologie has a uniquely genius selling point: titling all their merchandise. it makes things more personal, and connecting things is something I think is important. there have been times when I have considered buying an item solely because of its name, but when taking into account my own bank account, declined.
early on we develop this deep desire to explore everything. my niece hadley, who is two pushing thirty, already seems to be a prodigy. as children we are courageous and let nothing stop us; that is if our parents don't get in the way. over the years I have become more aware of the fact that oftentimes I feel inferior to those around me. like now for instance, I am interning at a local magazine surrounded by writers and graphic designers who amaze me with their knowledge. instead of succumbing to that feeling, I need to accept the challenge to never stop yearning for more; more knowledge, more success, more laughter, more layers of paint to add to my own palette. for that's what we all are: a palette that oddly enough becomes more artistically beautiful the thicker the layers. in getting older, my own layers are growing. I've come to understand the world a little better and have become more comfortable in the person I am. I have learned to appreciate the simple things. I have actively chosen to live a life with deeper purpose; one pleasing to both people on earth and hopefully to One elsewhere, for I realize I have been blessed beyond imaginable. but I've also realized that like a painter who can't quite create the masterpiece they envision, there are times when we too beome a little dull, a little uninspired, a little frustrated. I think I've felt this way recently. maybe that's why gray seems to be the only color I shop for. but failure doesn't mean asking for help though, failure is remaining ignornant and that is a lifestyle I don't wish to continue living. because why waste any precious moments of this abundant palette?

No comments:

Post a Comment