Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I'd first like to brag and say I got these lovely kate spade shoes off ebay for $40. but I'd also like you to know a little more about these shoes and the painful process of getting them...


I'm a firm believer in the beauty of ebay. and quite an everyday advocate, of sorts. I've had my eyes on these shoes since last summer though it wasn't often I searched for them. anyways, I found them-watched them-bid on them-won them. things were looking good. so a week went by and no shoes. after the second week passed I emailed the lady asking if she'd sent them. I wasn't pressuring her to send them, for I have quite a track record for not shipping my sold-on-ebay items in a timely fashion, so my customers pretty much hate me. but hey, a poor college girl like me cannot afford shipping. and sadly, I am very, very serious.

anyways, so the girl had shipped them and they've been confirmed to a chapel hill address of katie's where she was not living this summer. how convenient. worse still was that warehouse mailboxes cannot be looked through by workers at warehouse so nobody knew where the package was. I spent three days calling anybody and everybody I knew in chapel hill. I talked to almost every post office worker at two different post offices. I continuously called warehouse, thinking a new worker would break the rules and break into the box. turns out the shoes were on katie's bed for weeks but were in such a small package that nobody knew shoes could fit inside. thankfully lisa picked them up for me and brought them safely home to me.

after all this work, the shoes are two different sizes. the joke that was once on the seller for me ripping her off with my bargain is now on me, especially considering one of the pictures displays this size difference. so though I may walk around slightly selfconscious about my right foot looking gigantic squeezed in a size 7, as truvy in steel magnolias would say, "in a good shoe, I wear a size 6, but a 7 feels so good, I buy a size 8."

No comments:

Post a Comment