Wednesday, May 22, 2013

parc de st. cloud

parisian parks are absolutely incredible and are an art form from both eye and aerial views. it’s funny because before now I associated the term parks with playground equipment and dog poop camouflaged in the grass. it was a place that could be enjoyable (for a short period of time) and largely lacked an endearment factor.
my how things have changed... 
I have a lot of free time and even if I don’t have much, I manage daily park excursions. this beautiful park (parc de st. cloud) is at the bottom of my hill and has recently become my favorite in sevres. the first time I went was during the fall, after most of the leaves had fallen so it wasn’t nearly as enticing. plus it’s massive size was a bit intimidating and I was concerned of both exhaustion and never finding my way out.
size aside, in bloom it’s a whole 'nother story. paris has exploded with leaves the size of my face that oddly remind me of the movie, land before time. et les tulips sont magnifique!!! though those are about to be replanted for the summer flora. and they brought in large lines of boxed lemon trees today that are amazing. the park has the best of both worlds with it’s structured symmetrical gardens, but also fields and fields of flowers. it’s got a ton of doors all around the edge of the park to get in and it literally feels like the secret garden stepping inside. and I feel like a child as I aimlessly wander, making sure to stop and pick up every dead dandelion to blow-- petit dejeuner, dejeuner, gouter, dine in the words of lucy.  one day I spent the entire day reading a book with birds chirping around me and paris in distant view. moments like these theres no need to pinch myself because I'm brought back to reality when I realized I was sitting in an ant pile and my shoes were dripping in ants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment