Monday, June 20, 2011

markets

{union square market}
the awesome thing about the city is that everything is awkwardly accessible. whatever you wish for, you can pretty much find at your fingertips. except cheese dip. I know this because one night I called every mexican restaurant in manhattan. and sweet tea, which I came knowing. I unsuccessfully tried to find the stat of how many starbucks are in the city to further emphasis my point--I’m sure the number is astronomical. there are vendors on practically every corner and a lot of the parks have markets set up during the week and on weekends. I particularly love the one in union square because I work so close by. though I haven’t bought anything, they have incredible flowers (including snapdragons,) apples and fresh vegetables for sale. and though I don’t like beets much, the roots on those things are amazing. this weekend we also went to the brooklyn flea. it was a little overpriced, like most things in the city, but they had a ton of cool stuff that if I wasn’t flying home I would definitely want for my house, particularly these neon pink bowling pins! I did come home with a really simple and dainty gold bracelet that I love and am looking forward to more visits. on sundays its on the river in williamsburg and I bet is much less crowded so I think I’ll try that next.
{brooklyn flea}

No comments:

Post a Comment