Thursday, June 9, 2011

today was one of those really great days. I have loved everything about the city so far and find myself continually in awe of everything it has to offer. the thing I’ve quickly learned about the city is how you can make it feel small. I’ve managed to make casual conversation with complete strangers daily. I adore the liveliness central park’s lawns have to offer with their yoga classes, sports, kite flying and frolicking. I like the towny-feel of some of the east village streets and love turning the corner and coming across quaint streets with lots of trees. I’m trying my best to become a sponge and engrain even the slightest detail of my experiences here.
this is my fourth work day and I’m pretty much in the swing of things. as mary predicted, I could merchandise the showroom to perfection in my sleep. I have spent hours and hours in a roughly 10x15 closet with four other girls so we’ve become close very quickly, and by the end of the day can’t stop ourselves from having laughing hysterics, even when big clients are there.
I got stuck at work till late tonight due to a torrential downpour rain storm which was a good opportunity to talk to co-workers about some of the social media ideas I have and get a free bottle of perfume. (lauren, I know you’re jealous of that.) that same late afternoon rain storm thankfully cooled the city off a bit and left lots of awesome droplets and reflections along my walk home tonight.
and please look at that brownstone. it is absolutely incredible. that piece of real estate is one I would love to invest in.

No comments:

Post a Comment