Sunday, February 19, 2012

{what I wish I wore}
New York was an absolute blast. It was great to be able to stay there for almost a week and get to enjoy as much of the city as possible (well, kind of-- I was working a lot!) I loved seeing everyone that I worked with this past summer, and getting to be engulfed in the fashion industry at a busier time. I also enjoyed the few things I learned about myself...

1. I am not meant to be a new yorker. ever. I’m that girl who tried multiple times to exit on the twirly entrance/exit on the subway to find that it was only an entrance, which essentially meant I continued to bang my head against metal bars. I also still can’t grasp uptown vs. downtown when I’m riding the subway.
2. You cannot ride the crosstown bus on 34th st. without prepaying. I thought it was fine until at my stop 5 police officers came on demanding to see our receipts, to which I had to explain that I wasn’t aware of the policy and I now have to have a hearing pleading I’m not guilty.
3. I love vanilla lattes, though I think I only drank them because I was constantly freezing and needed any extra boost of energy.
4. I prefer flats and warm weather, any day. The day I wore heels I spent 6 1/2 hours out of the office running errands and constantly on my feet and suffered the consequences for days. Chic street style is not the name of my game, so I don’t expect any sitings of me on The Sartorialist.
5. Models are essentially like interns too. Or that is what one remarked to me one night as we rode the elevator upstairs. False, but okay I’ll accept her illogical comment.
6. I still get the exciting anxious feeling that I used to get before the first day of school. I spent the night before the show tossing and turning in bed because I was so stinkin’ excited.
7. I have absurd reflexes. On my last day I was in the office having a last lunch date. People were redoing the showroom and building lots of things for market. I was walking down a skinny hallway when suddenly four men started yelling, whoa whoa whoa, and trying to get me to stop. my reaction: jump with all my body weight straight into the wall. they were warning me that there was wet paint, which made my once all black outfit have a nice and large stripe down my entire right side.
8. Alycia is a wonderful host and I am obsessed with Lisa and Lindsay Anne from work! Thank you all for letting me come up.

1 comment: