Wednesday, December 5, 2012

bundled up in black

I hadn’t realized just how much colder it is here until I talked to my sister yesterday and she was wearing a tank top around town. which I found humorous as I counted my layers and I had on a tank top, long sleeved shirt, nike pullover, and a fleece paired with a hat and gloves, to go on a midday run. it was then I realized how easily (I’ll use that word lightly here-- I can get pretty dramatic when I’m too cold,) it’s been to get used to this climate. yeah it’s really cold right now. we woke up today with temperatures in the 20’s and I felt like I literally needed to thaw out sunday night after the christmas markets. but I’ve gotten accustomed to things like getting a cup of tea in the afternoons after I pick up the kids from school because I’m cold and wearing an extra sweater over my usual outfit because I know I’ll need another layer to keep me warm. more than anything I’m just surprised and thankful for all the sunshine we’ve had. all this to say, I’m sort of enjoying getting lots of wear out of my winter clothes and loving outfit inspiration like these... 

No comments:

Post a Comment