Tuesday, March 23, 2010

my random succession of thoughts tonight are as follows...

I was typing a paper and when I tried to save it an old document entitled magnolia came up. this reminded me of drew and ellie holcomb's song magnolia tree. there is no way to pull it up but some of the lyrics are...

i learned the hard way; if i wanted to be with you, i would have to wait. three years later and a million miles away, i still want to wrap you in my arms and see if you'll stay and sit with me in the top of a magnolia tree. tell me all your secrets darling, tell me that you'll stay.watch your smile so big and blue, won't you kiss me underneath the moon?i'm not leaving darling, i'm not going anywhere. won't you sing and smile? make me laugh, oh anything. just be yourself. talk all day, and tell me all your stories.



this made me think of waiting and the idea of knowing exactly who and what you want but not necessarily being able to have it at the time

but more so of sitting in a tree on a hot summer's day with the one you love. I can't really think of many memories of climbing trees as a kid because living in a place with all pine trees, good climbing ones were hard to come by. I started envisioning wedding portraits and my house with great trees so when I'm older I can experience what I missed out on.

kissing pictures led to more kissing pictures which made me find this one over the fence. this reminded me of tool time where tim allen talks through his fence to his neighbor which made me laugh. tim taylor reminded me that I have free chick-fila coupons (theres a worker there named tim taylor) and tomorrow's meals are corndogs and meatloaf (excuse me while I vomit.) it also reminded me of notting hill and them trying to climb the fence to the garden where Hugh Grant keeps saying woopsie daisies. this led me to watch that scene on youtube. NOTTING HILL GARDEN SCENE.
remembering how much I love that movie I started to look up pictures from it. the garden makes me think of studying abroads for next spring and how I need to go to some meetings to learn about places but I'm thinking London is where I want to go. this would have normally led me to stalk Catherine Mark on facebook but I made Julianna change my password so I would get work done this week.
so I kept looking at Notting Hill pictures and I laughed at how ridiculous Hugh Grant's goggles are which made me laugh about how two months ago the arm of my glasses broke, convienently when I had an eye infection that required me to always wear my glasses. this made me wonder if I'm ever going home this semester to get new glasses. this led me to thinking and dreading my 8 am class tomorrow which I wish I could just wear my glasses to but they look retarded. and then I thought what if I wore my scuba goggles. but I didn't get certified, nor are mine perscription so that was dumb.

the scuba goggles made me think of the picture from my obese childhood where I'm leaning over the edge of the pool which made me laugh about all my pictures from being a kid. my fat stage reminded me that I need to get my respect video turned into a dvd so people here can watch it. I think around this point somebody started talking to me and I realized I needed to get back to my homework.


...clearly I am add and need to be medicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment