Saturday, March 13, 2010

spring break preview.




st teresa. not the real view from handley's house but from her porch looking out all you could see was a little white sand, water, the dock and boats anchored-- it is perfection. she has the cutest little beach house that is split down the middle and shared by her childhood best friend, graham. he and nine of his friends from florida spent the week with us sharing the house. we are officially obsessed with them and have 10 new best friends.

this is jimmin's house on dog island. probably one of the coolest places I have ever been. the inside of the house was all entirely wood with an upstairs that the only way you could get to it was up a ladder. though you can't tell here, the water was crystal clear and apparently infested with sharks--it was like being in the bahamas.

I went tubing on afternoon with kyle and gavin. they were smart enough to wear wet suits because the water was arctic but I thought I'd be bold and just go in my bathing suit. the tumbles off the tube were miserable but worth it. later that day we played 6 v 6 tackle football, girls v guys. this day was the prettiest sunset and later that night we had a bonfire in our hole.
I'd like to say my trip was warm weather where I was roasting in the sun, but I'd be lying. the wind was a little persistant so the boys dug a huge hole, which was where you could find most of us trying to get sun. I also wore black yoga pants with a bikini top almost everyday to try and stay warm. a few downward dogs were done.


as you can well imagine, this past week made me ready for warm weather and springtime in athens!

No comments:

Post a Comment