Thursday, June 3, 2010

some days it's nice to sit in a stranger's home, in a stranger's office and get lost in their world.

I know that sounds a bit strange and you are probably wondering when I became a breaker-and-enterer. but really I'm just babysitting in one of the cutest houses I've ever seen and the little one has already gone to bed (she too is one of the cutest things I've ever seen).
I say stranger because I only met Ginger today and only knew she existed two days ago when she called to ask if I could sit tonight.
as I sit here I feel like I've living in a blog. or maybe in my dream home. it's also a sweet melody for my own soul.
it's taking time to do stuff for me like read magazines sitting cross-legged in a chair, on the computer listening to other people's itunes on shuffle with a sweet chocolate lab under you, in a room filled with interior design magazine cut outs and fabric samples hanging on the wall.
simple, yes. but sometimes you need a few hours of this to relax and refresh yourself and to once again feel inspired to do simple things like write on blogs. maybe tonight was what I've needed for quite some time now and why I've been so absent without it.
regardless of the reasons, for tonight I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment