Friday, May 24, 2013

after malta, it was nice to come back to paris and have a few days to just relax. my mom made fun of me for this comment, mocking me that my 20 hour work week must be exhausting. but admittedly it kind of is. especially when most of it is spent trying to recover from very tiring weekends. but more so, I loved being in paris for a few days having absolutely nowhere in particular to be at any certain time. we packed in a lot of our favorite places, venturing to saint germain en laye, a super posh suburb that holds many of the same characteristics as paris, only smaller. the day was gorgeous and the clouds literally made me feel like I was playing in a super mario game. I was excited to finally go to the monet museum, tucked away in the 16th, in a very home-y like building. I was also glad to get there before the marie laurencin exhibit was finished. love her! on sunday we celebrated our mothers by getting a delicious brunch of rose bakery take out to eat in a square. what a disappointment that it took me this long to finally try this place! I had the most delicious beet, feta and eggplant salad paired with a carrot cake for the record books. I hope to frequent here! we then attempted to wander around jardin des plantes, feeling a little similar to the characters in the wizard of oz and taking an epic snooze in the sunshine. 
{marmottan monet museum}{saint germain en laye}{rose bakery}{jardin des plantes}

No comments:

Post a Comment