Tuesday, May 28, 2013

weekend recap


our mexican fiesta was a huge success, despite our less than adequate blender that turned the kitchen into a tequila tide pool. everything was delicious and like the avid cheese lovers we’ve are/become, we inhaled the cheese dip leaving dribbles across the table like what inevitably happens at mexican restaurants. our mexican craving extended past friday night dinner and we went to a favorite place, candelaria, for tacos and more guac on saturday night. jenna and I spent a lazy saturday meandering around the 16th headed in the direction of the river. it’s days like this that always turn out great and we enjoyed wandering in and out of little shops. there was a long line in front of aux merveillaux, so we decided to order one, unaware of what it even was. the coffee flavor was delicious and though I will always prefer a pain au chocolate to any bakery delicacy, I love that paris is a city that makes you want to just pop inside for a taste. perhaps that’s why my face is covered in pimples and so chubby  ironically, even though I live in paris, I have probably been to the eiffel tower less than 10 times. we had an afternoon picnic, courtesy of the super cute cafe on rue cler, le franprix (a supermarket) and enjoyed the afternoon sunshine, watching the chicly dressed parisian children spastically play and all the cute parisian couples stroll by. our favorites being the old couple who had to be at least 90. jenna and I decided that if I do move to new york we want to be roommates and we are even okay with sharing a one bedroom apartment after the close quarters we share in paris.we went to see a comedy, how to become parisian in an hour, saturday night which was a hysterical comparison of american and parisian behavior. since all my friends were pointing to me to go up on stage for the dancing part, knowing I’m the worst dancer in the world, annie was forced to go instead, which was absolutely hilarious! after a sunday picnic in buttes chaumont, the weather was too cold and dreary so we went back to annie’s place to watch a movie. instead of heading back to the suburbs afterwards, we decided to velib (the bikes you can rent in paris!) I’ve had my pass for a week now but I swear it’s rained every day since so I was thrilled that it was the perfect sunny evening. riding a bike in paris makes you feel invincible and sends chills throughout your entire body, and of course leaves puddles in my eyes. this city gets me every time! I can’t believe it’s taken us this long to start, but I’m so excited for the next few weeks of velibing. by the way, I got an email sunday saying I have six weeks till I fly out for morocco. what?!?! where has the time gone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment