Monday, July 1, 2013

the louvre


I have said a lot of hateful things about the louvre since I moved to paris. with an average of 30,000 visitors per day, it’s hard to not despise the oversized tourist hot spot. and while the inside is still ranked highly on the worst places imaginable to die, I can’t help but be overwhelmed by the grandeur and beauty of the outside. back in april during a bike tour with laura and emily, it was incredible biking through the inner courtyards. since then when I’m on a velib in that area at night, I try to ride through it.  I also love the way it looks from bus 95-- seriously, how cool is it that a public transport can casually drive past the most famous museum in the world hundreds of time a day. I get goosebumps and a huge child-like grin each and every time I go by. this year there was a secret dinner held there, diner en blanc, where over thousands of people gathered together all wearing white for a fancy dinner with lots of champagne and sparklers-- something I hope to get a chance to attend one day! and going forward I’m going to make a point to visit this part of town as much as possible before I leave. I don’t know if I’ll make it to the inside but I definitely am going to sit in the tuilleries and cherish this beautiful and very special part of paris

No comments:

Post a Comment