Wednesday, April 13, 2011

honoring winter

since the forecast has temps reaching the 90’s over the next week and considering it is april, it is time to put my winter fashion pictures away for a few hundred days. I jumped the gun and started desiring spring back in february, however, through my cleaning and organizing of iphoto pictures, I realized how influential winter clothes were to me. so I thought I’d give a final tribute to great cold weather fashion and want to take a moment to genuinely thank this past winter season. for the first time I found myself more engulfed in the industry than ever. I was blessed to start studying fashion merchandising and have made many life altering decisions for my career and more importantly for my happiness. I was introduced to many blogs and people and their fashion sense while also further developing a look of my own. I am forever grateful for the influence sequins has had on every 2010-2011 line and have also oddly enough grown to like a little leopard here and there. I have learned to love layering and that really it makes outfits real freaking awesome. and though I never got one, I loved faux furs. I have also had the pleasure of being able to love fashion while thinking of it technically through a photographic mind. in the words of bill cunningham, well-known new york times photographer, “I eat with my eyes.” and though I still eat with my mouth and eyes, I’m adapting. so while I’m a little hesitant and heartbroken to have to pack up my boots, I officially welcome you spring 2011 and will warn you that you have quite a lot to live up to...

No comments:

Post a Comment